As a Process Safety Specialist, you will be responsible for overseeing and ensuring compliance with regulations governing the operation of the organisations LPG assets operating in accordance with relevant legislation including COMAH. Your primary focus will be on identifying, assessing, and managing risks associated with the handling, storage and processing of dangerous substances. You will play a crucial role in developing and implementing a robust process safety management system, COMAH safety reports, emergency response plans, and providing expertise to maintain a safe working environment and facilities by working at a group level with all MD’s and local HSE specialists. You will be
responsible for ensuring each business has identified and is managing the process risk and will set up and measure relevant key performance indicators. You will lead relevant studies and assessments and be a key contact with the regulator and external experts. You will lead in the management of change, hazard studies, quantified risk assessment, COMAH, DSEAR and pressure systems compliance.
– Risk Assessments
– Regulatory Compliance
– Emergency Planning
– Safety Audits and Inspections
– Training and Awareness
– Documentation and Reporting
Skills & Experience Required
– Experience operating and interfacing at a senior level on matters of process safety and COMAH, DSEAR, PSSR etc
– In-depth knowledge of relevant industry standards.
– Experience in risk assessment, emergency planning, HAZID, HAZOP and technical management of change.
– You will have working understanding of functional safety and the associated requirements
– Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
– Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
– Attention to detail and analytical skills.
– Qualification in Process Safety Management or able to demonstrate likewise through other means.
– Professional certifications in safety management (e.g., Certified Safety Professional – CSP).
– Additional certifications related to hazardous materials or emergency planning and response.