– To interpret customer needs, assesses requirements and identify solutions for standard and non-standard complaints – identify areas of disagreement and bring resolution seeking to integrate the needs of all concerned.
– To manage standard and non-standard complaints addressed to the Press, Regulator, Ombudsman, Legal, Data Protection, Mis-sale, and Executive Committee.
– Strengthening and developing relationships with all parties through well planned, regular contact and consistent delivery.
– To explain difficult issues, in ‘plain English’, both in writing and verbally, with all internal and external and customers across all levels and works to establish consensus.
– Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in life assurance and complaint handling, and uses this to provide support and guidance to the business on nonstandard queries and all aspects of complaint handling.
– To highlight any trends in complaints to line managers so appropriate remedial or preventative action can be taken, taking them through a series of logical steps establishing agreement at each stage and drawing them towards the desired commitment.
– To maintain an in-depth understanding of all regulations relating complaint handling across all jurisdictions.
– To review other complaint handlers’ responses to ensure a consistent approach is being used, and to review for quality purposes. Coaching others to improve the quality within the team.
– To be customer focused and demonstrate empathy, with an excellent attention to detail and fact-finding abilities.
– To be responsible for, and carry out when necessary, any administration relating to incoming new complaints, and outgoing complaint responses, including making payments.
Skills & Experience Required:
– 5 GCSE’s Grade B or above to include Maths and English and/or NVQ Level 1
– Proficient with Microsoft Office
– Excellent Communication skills