Our client, who is a medium sized, independent, Chartered Accountancy practice and a ACCA Platinum Approved Training Provider and Employer has an excellent opportunity for a graduate who would like to begin a career within Accountancy. This position gives the right person an excellent opportunity to progress within our accountancy team and achieve a professional qualification whilst gaining a wealth of experience across the varied services of our business.
– Bookkeeping including inputting client records
– Preparation of accounting schedules and accounts files.
– Preparation of Financial Statements.
– Preparation of investment schedules.
– Preparation of management information and reporting.
– Preparation of personal tax computations and returns
– Preparation of corporate tax computations and returns.
– Preparation of VAT computations and returns.
– Preparation of audit schedules, programs and files
– Assisting an audit team at a clients premises or from the office as required
– All aspects of trust and company administration which will include direct contact with clients.
– Liaison with third party institutions such as banks, brokers and rental agents.
In this role you will be training and studying towards the ACCA qualification.
Study leave is offered to attend day release courses at Manx Professional Education Services (MPES)
The cost of the course and exam fees will be met by the client for the first attempt at each exam.
Skills & Experience Required
– Ambitious and determined to study hard to complete the challenging professional qualification whilst managing full time employment
– A graduate with a 2.1 degree or higher
– An excellent communicator with strong organisational skills. Discretion, diplomacy and a confident approach are a must.
– Willing to learn and a good listener who is prepared to take on responsibility and ownership of tasks.
– Have excellent attention to detail.
– The successful candidate will join one of our accountancy teams where he/she will report directly to a Manager or to a more senior trainee/administrator.