To assist the Tax Manager in the efficient administration of the Tax Department and to provide assistance with all aspects of tax compliance.
The successful candidate will be looking to develop in a tax role and will be joining an experienced team who will nurture and support their development.
– Completion and submission of tax returns for clients, including sole traders, partnerships, companies and individuals, ensuring high standards of accuracy at all times.
– For Limited Companies, ensure that Isle of Man and UK tax returns are completed as applicable to each client.
– Ensure as far as possible that statutory deadlines for the filing of tax returns are achieved, liaising with clients efficiently where additional information is required.
– Utilise technical tax knowledge to provide clients with guidance on the range of tax matters seeking advice from the Tax Manager where necessary.
– Assist with the management of a portfolio of clients and act as point of contact for enquiries, including providing advice on tax liabilities as part of the client care package.
– As professional knowledge develops, identify and develop tax planning and advisory opportunities for clients and agree how these can be taken forward with the Tax Manager.
– Maintain and develop technical tax knowledge in order to ensure that accurate and contemporary advice is provided to clients.
– Provide support for payroll matters when required.
Skills & Experience Required:
– A self-starter who is able spot business and cross selling opportunities.
– Keen attention to detail and the desire to research, read and apply legislation (with appropriate support, training and supervision).
– Able to quickly understand, learn and take ownership of tax compliance matters for allocated clients.
– A keen interest and passion in finance, accountancy and in particular tax.
– A recent graduate in a relevant qualification or recent experience in a tax position would be beneficial.
– While tax experience would be excellent, we are happy to support, develop and train candidates with a passion for developing into a tax role.