Our client is currently seeking a Technical Support Engineer to join and develop their fast growing, successful and ambitious Infrastructure, Managed Services, and Cloud Services Provider. We are a high-level Dell Technologies partner. We integrate leading technologies from our key vendors (Dell, VMware and Microsoft) to deliver successful customer outcomes.
Our portfolio includes fully managed private cloud, multi-cloud, data protection, VDI, and monitoring services for our customers.
The Service/Support Engineer will delight our customers through prompt and continual interaction when troubleshooting and resolving technical issues within existing SLAs. Deliver the same activities for internal systems and services, and provide assistance with service installation, monitoring and on-going maintenance.
You will deliver exceptional customer service in the most cost-effective manner utilising your knowledge, experience and interactions with colleagues and vendors. As appropriate you will form strong relationships with key customer contacts and be an ambassador for the Company. As a Technical Engineer you will be expected to do the following:
– Complete Assigned Service Tickets for both proactive and reactive sources such as customer challenges, monitoring alerts, installation tasks, patching requests etc.
– Participate in client onboarding or application/device installation remote or onsite
– Participate in system patching including security hot fixes
– Participate in online technical training and certifications
Skills & Experience Required:
– 3 years’ experience in working in a helpdesk/support role diagnosing and solving issues
– Excellent interpersonal skills such as: communication skills, active listening, and customer care with the ability to communicate at all levels with customers
– Excellent documentation and ITIL skills
– Excellent Knowledge Windows Server 2012/2016/2019/2022 including AD and DNS
– Experience of configuring Windows 10/11 Desktop based devices
– Excellent Knowledge of Microsoft Office Products
– Good foundation in Microsoft Azure and willingness to expand knowledge
– Good foundation of MS Exchange on premise and O365 Hybrid architecture
– Experience of Dell/HP or similar server hardware
– Good understanding of Networking (Routers & Switches) and Firewall (Cisco, F5 Palo Alto)
Salary Range: £25,000 – £35,000 Dependent on qualifications and experience.