The candidate is required to administer a portfolio of high net worth clients and complex structures in a variety of jurisdictions, to an excellent standard, with minimum supervision. They will need to work closely with the Head of Private Clients and with the other departments within the organisation to ensure that all clients’ requests are dealt with to an excellent service level in a timely and professional manner.
– Trust administration including preparation of letter of wishes, amendment to Trust Deeds, addition and removal of assets, addition and removal of beneficiaries, distribution of assets. Liaison with advocates and tax advisors to obtain specific advice when required and liaison with settlors, protectors and beneficiaries. Ensure strict adherence to the clauses and powers in the Trust Deed and any specific instructions to ensure that breaches of trust do not occur.
– Prepare all Trust and Company minutes and resolutions and to ensure any contracts and/or agreements for signature are reviewed and considered before providing a summary of its contents to the signing director(s) or trustee.
– Arrange for the incorporation of companies and the establishment of trusts in a variety of jurisdictions and ensure that all structuring requirements are met and documentation required is prepared internally and externally.
– Attending to the preparation and filing of all necessary documentation for any alterations to company structures, including the appointment and resignation of officers, allotment and transfer of shares, issue of share certificates, changes of company names, change of share capital and/or Memorandum and Articles of Association.
– Facilitate the transfer in / transfer out of companies and trust structures to include re-domiciliation of companies and change of proper law of Trusts. Ensure all required documentation is prepared and collated accordingly.
– Attend to the preparation and filing of Annual Returns and the preparation of AGM minutes for relevant jurisdictions where ILS provide company secretary or upon a client’s specific request.
– Monitor and remind clients of deadlines for the filing of Annual Returns and Tax Returns and the payment of taxes in all jurisdictions to ensure that penalties are not unnecessarily incurred.
– Prepare and/or obtain Powers of Attorney, Certificates of Good standing, Certificates of Incumbency, certified and/or legalised documents, loan agreements, additional resolutions and any other documentation requested by clients.
– Dealing with property and/or specialist asset purchase and sale transactions and ensure the correct requirements are met when assets are purchased or disposed off including all necessary tax obligations are met.
– Attend to the dissolution of companies and termination of trusts and ensure advice has been received and relevant documentation is prepared and submitted in the relevant jurisdiction.
– To open files for correspondence, statutory documents, bank related items and clients as and when necessary and to ensure the good order of such files.
-Develop and maintain key customer relationships with existing clients and intermediaries including bankers, lawyers, tax advisors, property management agents and registered agents from various jurisdictions to an exceptional standard.
– To act as director on client companies in accordance with policy and to act as an authorised signatory on in-house companies providing corporate officer, secretary, trustee and nominee services and to take the necessary fiduciary decisions required under the mandates assigned. To obtain “Key staff” status where appropriate in order to carry out the aforementioned director duties.
– To open and maintain Trust and Company bank accounts and investment portfolios, to ensure that the accounts are operated and instructions are dealt with in an efficient manner.
– To act as “B” signatory on client company / trust bank accounts and to ensure same are operated in accordance with policy.
– To ensure regular internal and external reviews are completed to monitor transactions and levels of return in respect of investment portfolios.
– To ensure all bank account details are entered on Viewpoint.
– Ensure that all bookkeeping records are maintained or annual accounts prepared for both companies and trusts as appropriate under policy.
– Responsible for ensuring that all invoices are prepared in accordance with fees agreed with the client and to ensure that all fee agreements are reviewed against time charged on a regular basis to ensure profitability and opportunity for additional revenue.
– Responsible for managing the team’s debtors and ensuring effective recovery in a timely manner.
– Meet all governance, risk management, controls and compliance requirements by undertaking risk reviews of structures and clients within the portfolio in accordance with the risk framework policies.
– Develop and maintain awareness of the due diligence requirements and anti-money laundering provisions within the organisation and ensure proper compliance with the same.
– Ensure that all records are kept up to date for all clients and companies on both the Viewpoint Administrator and Viewpoint Billing systems.
– To maintain an awareness of the organisation’s general systems and procedures on an ongoing basis and implement accordingly.
Skills & Experience Required
– Strong technical industry knowledge with a minimum of 5 years experience managing a varied portfolio of Trust and Company structures within a number of jurisdictions
– Hands on Trust administration experience.
– Ideally STEP qualified or working towards STEP or ICSA qualification
– Fully computer literate (MS Office and outlook)
– Experience dealing with Viewpoint (advantageous but not essential)
– Experience dealing with various banking systems
– Distinctly reliable and precise, conscientious with a professional work attitude
– Able to establish priorities with strong organisational skills
– Capable of problem-solving and acting independently
– Professional, helpful with strong communication and interpersonal skills
– Co-operative, constructive and positive minded personality and a team player
– Flexible and pro-active, with a “can-do” attitude, seeking continuous service improvement and high quality standards.