To manage, lead and control multiple (large scale) projects across the business (including Projects/Programmes involving the wider Group). Such projects to be managed from project initiation through to completion, in a manner that ensures that the project objectives are realised on time, within the project budget and to agreed quality standards. To act as a key co-ordinator between project stakeholder business areas and those areas undertaking project activities and developments. To effect the successful integration of business change into operational business areas. To be the project management “expert” in the team and provide mentoring and guidance to other team members
and promotion of effective change management across the business.
– Define projects including scope, deliverables, roles and responsibilities and ensure they are clear, agreed and communicated to all key stakeholders.
– Plan, structure, track, report on and lead project activity in line with International Change Framework to ensure that stakeholders, dependencies, cost, quality and time are managed within agreed parameters.
– Anticipate, monitor, manage and report on progress, risks and issues in line with Risk Policy and Utmost International Change Framework to protect the project deliverables and benefits defined in the Business Case.
– Deliver short term / one-off projects and activities as required by and to the standards and outcomes agreed with Line Manager.
– Agrees project approach with stakeholders, and prepares realistic plans (including quality, risk and communications plans) and tracks activities against the project schedule, managing stakeholder involvement as appropriate.
– Monitors costs, timescales and resources used, and takes action where these deviate from agreed tolerances.
– Ensures that own projects are formally closed and, where appropriate, subsequently reviewed, and that lessons learned are recorded.
Skills & Experience Required:
– Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Project Manager; or Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the Life Assurance industry, where you have worked in a senior position: e.g. Team Leader, Manager, Technical Specialist, Subject Matter Expert, etc.
– Project Management qualification, e.g. Prince2 or equivalent
– In-depth knowledge of Project Planning
– In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications (i.e. Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint).
– Project Management skills – Interprets quantitative and qualitative information to achieve a cost effective business-related objective.
– Produces effective solutions to complex problems.
– Is tenacious in approach to deliver the project objectives.