To support the Company Secretary with the design and implementation of an enterprise risk management framework which includes risk statements and policies, recommending appropriate risk appetites for specific tasks.
– To review monitoring undertaken by the more junior members of the compliance function in accordance with agreed procedure;
– To liaise with relevant operational staff to remedy any problems identified through compliance monitoring ;
– Assist in the production of monthly / annual compliance monitoring statistics;
– To provide assistance with compliance queries from the Group;
– Assist with the provision to the Board of relevant regulatory and legislative changes and make recommendations on how changes can be managed within the business
– To deputise for the Compliance Manager when required
– To provide assistance to internal or external auditors in compliance related reviews;
– To provide assistance with the production of management reports regarding compliance, risk and data protection operations and progress, other reports may include the annual corporate governance certificate & AML/CFT statistical return;
– To acquire and maintain up to date knowledge of regulatory rules, updates and consultation documents, industry changes, trends and best practices and as required, identify and assess their effect on the Group and help recommend appropriate actions (where required);
– Assist in the regular review of policies and procedures ( compliance related ) ensuring that all policies and procedures have been documented, indexed and reviewed at least annually
– Provide support to the compliance team & MLRO
– Keep abreast of regulatory developments within or outside of the Group as well as evolving best practices in compliance control.
– Provide assistance with the provision of training to all staff for any areas of associated mandatory training required to meet regulatory and best practice standards.
Skills & Experience Required:
– A relevant professional qualification, degree or diploma
– 2 years’ + experience in a similar role;
– Excellent communication skills;
– A good understanding of Isle of Man regulatory and compliance legislation
– A good understanding of fund and investment management, insurance and pension legislation;
– A solid understanding of Data Protection and GDPR implications
– Previous experience of training and or staff development