Supporting the Bookkeeping and Accounting Team, the Accountant will be responsible for the preparation of financial statements for a portfolio of Trusts and Companies. In addition, the Accountant will be responsible for ad hoc reporting and tax compliance where required.
– Review accounts and preparation of complex accounts
– Ensure client expectations and accounting deadlines are properly managed and financial statements are finalised in a timely manner.
– Take ownership, prioritise workload and communicate effectively with their line manager and third parties.
– Good understanding of banking and accounting systems and will be able to demonstrate an ability to familiarise themselves with new systems effectively.
– Achieve personal targets as set out for their role (this will include targets for time recording and utilisation) and will also take action to ensure agreed business risk targets are met.
– Use technical capability to understand and manage risk with the support of their line manager, escalating where necessary and required in accordance with policies.
– Support with the timely preparation of high-quality financial statements in accordance with relevant laws and generally accepted accounting practices in line with relevant policies and procedures.
– Support peers, technical and ad hoc financial queries and special project work as required.
– Develop a good working relationship and work proactively with the Bookkeeping and Trust Administration Teams to ensure timely completion of bookkeeping and query resolution.
Skills & Experience Required:
– Prior experience in preparation of Trust and Company financial statements will be beneficial.
– Working knowledge and understanding of relevant statutory requirements and UK GAAP.
– Ability to use judgement and initiative in applying standard work practices and solving day to day problems.
– Flexible and professional when working under time driven pressures and will have good prioritisation and time management skills.
– Able to deliver results without compromising on quality and accuracy.
– Strong team player, self-motivated and focused on exceeding targets and goals.
– High level of personal and interpersonal skills, building relationships with both clients and colleagues
– Strong written and verbal communication skills.
– Hold/ may be working towards a relevant professional qualification (such as ACCA or CA), other equivalent qualifications and work experience will be considered.