Reporting to the Bank Reconciliations Manager, this position is primarily responsible for the reconciliation of bank accounts and internal control accounts and the clearance of outstanding items.
– Reconciliation of bank accounts and internal control accounts in accordance with the control timetable.
– Production of month end packs for sign off in accordance with month end accounting deadlines.
– Identification and investigation of outstanding items
– Identification and investigation of outstanding aged items
– Download daily reports from various banks
– Daily journaling
– Supporting other team members
– Assisting in providing feedback to other departments to improve process
– Working with teams across the business to identify and clear reconciling items
Skills & Experience Required:
– A minimum of 4 years’ experience of reconciliations, ideally within the Life Assurance Industry. Transferrable skills will be considered
– Working knowledge of accounting and policy administration systems and reconciliation packages
– A good working knowledge of Word & Excel
– The ability to organise their own work and meet to deadlines
– The ability to ensure that items are cleared accurately and within the timescales set
– Must be able to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team.