Our client is looking to recruit a Scrum Master & Delivery Coordinator for their Delivery Team. In this exciting role you’ll operate at team level as a change agent with a passion for working with people and teams to help them reach their best and deliver the best value for customers.
You’ll encourage your team’s understanding of Agile frameworks and practices whilst supporting them to establish their ways of working. Developing into a mentor and coach on best practices to ensure that the team maximises the benefits that the Agile & Lean methodology provides. Your priorities will be set by your team members, under the leadership of Product Owner, and your role is to help them deliver against Roadmap timelines.
– Support the team to utilise the most appropriate Agile & Lean frameworks (Scrum, Kanban etc), facilitating Scrum events (Stand-up, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review, Sprint Retrospective and Backlog Refinement) to help the team to deliver against the product visions and roadmap.
– Being a process owner for their team and peers within the Project Management team, by leading the collaborative, dynamic planning process for each sprint, helping Scrum team members to prioritise and self-organise around the work that needs to be completed against their capabilities and capacities.
– Coordinate the team to break business driven features (Epics) into clearly defined small, discrete User Stories. Support the estimation of this work for the scrum team to effectively deliver and test against.
– Use a variety of tools and techniques in order to help the team keep a delivery and learning cadence that helps to remain focused on delivering value against the product vision.
– Identify and coordinate cross-functional and cross-technical team dependencies, while working with peers to ensure appropriate prioritisation.
– Work closely with Product Owners to support the management of the the Product Backlog, in addition to maintaining & communicating progress against defined plans. This includes product roadmaps, scrum team metrics, and program/project status reporting.
– Support delivery against the defined roadmap, by helping the teams produce the required output to support the organisation’s Strategy.
– Coach and empower the team to self-manage, utilise feedback for continuous learning, proactively manage dependencies and identify blockers & barriers to service delivery, escalating where appropriate in a timely manner and empowering the team to overcome them.
– Holding the team accountable for sprint deliverables & addressing reoccurring inefficiencies, whilst promoting wellbeing to create a safe, trusting, and open environment for the team to perform.
– May be required to coordinate & deliver projects within the project management framework from time to time.
Skills & Experience Required:
– Effective communication and facilitation skills
– Behave with a coaching and mentoring attitude
– Proactivity, problem-solving and conflict-resolution ability is one of your strengths.
– Good organisational and time management skills
– Articulate with strong verbal & writing skills to be able to consistently deliver accurate reporting as to the current state of play with regards to the delivery
– Experience working in a Scrum, Delivery or Project role desirable
– Experience of working with a Technology/IT function desirable
– Experience working within a Financial Services environment desirable
– Experience of Agile application frameworks and Scrum techniques, particularly Scrum and Kanban desirable
– Experienced in using Agile tools like Jira & Confluence desirable
– Relevant qualification within Project delivery, Lean or Scrum frameworks would be an advantage