You will be responsible for the day-to-day support of the Safety and Compliance Department, including monitoring of the following, crew and vessel certification, regulatory compliance and communications. Additionally, you will also be actively involved in the development and maintenance of our award-winning electronic Safety Management System (eSMS), liaising with our Yacht Managers and forming part of the Emergency Response Team.
– Maintain up to date list of current crew serving on Clients’ yachts and ensuring that they are correctly certified for their appropriate roles.
– Maintain up to date list of statutory certificates of Clients’ yachts and ensuring that they remain valid.
– Liaise with Clients and crew to ensure that above certificates are renewed as required.
– Assist Crewing and Recruitment Departments with any crew related queries that they may have.
– Assist with the onboard safety and security management of clients receiving these services from us.
– Review yachts’ safety and security reports and returns, collate, draft and send feedback message as required by the Safety and Compliance Manager.
– Drafting and despatch or forwarding of any International, Flag, Class, Port State or Company generated safety related messages to the Fleet.
– Update and make changes to the eSMS as required.
– Review performance and contribute to ongoing improvements.
Skills & Experience Required:
– Highly motivated to provide and clients and crew with exceptional levels of service.
– Possessing an above average level of practical knowledge of the international and national maritime regulations and a sound understanding of seafarers’ certification process.
– Previous experience at sea in the Engineering or Deck Departments.
– Working knowledge of STCW, SOLAS, Maritime Labour and MARPOL Conventions.
– Systematic work approach and attention to detail.
– Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Related Jobs (10)
- Client Services Administrator – Yachting & Aviation on September 21, 2022 Permanent