– Develop, coordinate and maintain policies, procedures and protocols to support, and monitor the implementation of the Group Risk Management Framework.
– Maintain and identify opportunities to develop and enhance the Group Risk Taxonomy, across its three hierarchical levels.
– Provide relevant technical advice, training and guidance where required.
– Challenge, oversee and advise on the effectiveness of operational risk decisions and practises.
– Partner with the Group’s risk owners to assist them in developing risk appetite, risk tolerance and KRIs.
– Lead and facilitate risk event root cause analysis, risk assessment and risk acceptance workshopping, as necessary.
– Embed and promote the Group Risk Management Framework to drive an open and honest risk culture.
– Engage with the business to promote the reporting and escalation of operation risk evenets through the Risk Event Management System.
– Maintain administrative ownership of the GOAT Risk Management system and train the Group’s level 3 risk owners in its application.
– Maintain administrative ownership of the Risk Event Management system and deliver support and training across the Group.
– Conduct independent research to contribute to the proactive detection of emerging risk themes and share relevant industry news with the management teams.
– Test the effectiveness, strength and suitability of controls associated with key risks and recommend appropriate suggestions for improvement.
– Support monthly Executive Committee cycles in the generation of level 3 risk reporting from GOAT and risk event reporting.
– Support during the quarterly Risk Committee and Board cycles in the generation of entity risk reporting and in the collation of level 2 risk owner perceptions.
– Management, appraisal and leadership of the Group Operational Risk Analyst.
Skills & Experience Required:
– A minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a risk role within the regulated finance sector.
– Completed or working towards a relevant qualification such as:
* International Diploma in Enterprise Risk Management
* ICA Diploma in Governance, Risk and Compliance
* CISI Managing Operational Risk in Financial Institutions
* Institute of Risk Management (IRM) qualification or Relevant degree
– A passion about driving an open and honest risk culture.
– Strong knowledge of the finance sector and associated risks.
– Strong numeracy, analytical, research and strategy skills.
– Good communication skills, with an ability to influence and negotiate, and confidence to challenge.
– The ability to explain complex issues and present technical information.
– Planning and organisational skills and problem-solving ability.
– Capacity to work independently and cope with pressure and responsibility.
– An approachable manner, with a high level of innovation, integrity and excellence.