Our client has an exciting opportunity for a manager to lead a busy Reconciliations team. You will provide inspiring leadership to the Reconciliations team who are responsible for the reconciliation of all cash and stock transactions, ensuring they are accurately reconciled in line with regulatory policies and departmental and corporate procedures.
– Management of the reconciliation of stock and cash positions using interfaces, web sites, and/or statements within the specified timeframe and on-going basis.
– Managing the investigate of any reconciliation differences and liaise with internal and external customer’s to ensure differences are resolved within agreed timeframe.
– Compile Monthly Reconciliation reports to evidence account balancing.
– Maintain accurate records of reconciliations that have been matched and provide regular statistics to the Senior Control Manager.
– Complete any Management Information statistics, as directed by the Senior Control Manager.
– To assist in any project work linked to the Reconciliations department, as directed by the Senior Control Manager.
– To attend training and complete relevant qualifications to develop knowledge and skills.
– In depth knowledge and awareness of the FSA regulations applicable to Reconciliations and Control functions.
– Effective verbal and non-verbal communication with key stakeholders.
– Own, manage and report on any unreconciled positions; analysing and evaluating any trends to highlight when process reviews may be required.
– In conjunction with Senior Manager attend regular review meetings with key suppliers reporting and evaluating the service being offered.
Skills & Experience Required:
– Strong communication skills.
– An excellent work ethic.
– 1st class attention to detail.
– Good knowledge of applicable regulations and able to manage risks relating to established or new processes and non-routine issues.
– Understand & can identify departmental risks.
– Understand the importance of procedures for risk management.
– Taking responsibility for ensuring your teams deliver operational excellence.
– Ensures regular monthly check-in’s with all direct reports offering support, coaching & development.
– Excellent client communication skills (verbal & written) in relation to complex but routine matters.
– Responds promptly & exhibits creativity & flexibility in solving customers’ problems.
– Establishes and maintains good client relations with an awareness of external issues.
– Able to collaborate across boundaries.
– Able to effectively manage & prioritise workloads based on customers’ requirements