Our client is seeking an Actuarial Trainee to join their Actuarial Department on a permanent basis. Working as part of a small team, but with an ability to work independently, the ideal applicant will have a proven track record of undertaking reporting work. The role will also involve exposure to other areas of actuarial work including pricing and product development and actuarial liability modelling, as well as having the opportunity to contribute to the growth and development of the company through involvement in project work.
– Taking an active role in external reporting, including the production of valuations to appropriate standards and within agreed timescales.
– Taking an active role in delivering internal financial reporting, including experience investigations to appropriate standards and in line with agreed methodologies.
– Assisting with the development and maintenance of actuarial liability models, checking data extract routines, and maintaining appropriate documentation.
– Assisting with the maintenance and development of illustration systems both for the production of bespoke quotations as well as ensuring ongoing adherence to the actuarial calculation specifications.
– Providing actuarial support to product development and pricing exercises, including the need to update illustration systems and Prophet models, perform profit-testing and update product documentation.
– Providing actuarial support to project work as and when required.
Skills & Experience Required
– Up to five years’ experience working for a life insurance company, ideally on the Isle of Man, although applicants from other jurisdictions will be considered.
– Very strong analytical skills and a proven track record of attention to technical detail.
– Knowledge of regulatory reporting, with experience of the Isle of Man Risk-Based Capital regime being beneficial.
– The ideal candidate will demonstrate an ability to work effectively within a team yet also be able to work independently when required.
– A proven track record of delivering internal and external financial reporting across multiple jurisdictions and within prescribed timelines would be an advantage.
– Be a student member of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (or equivalent body), and be progressing well with the examination syllabus.
– Excellent inter-personal skills and an ability to communicate with people at all levels of the company in an effective manner.
– A proven self-starter with an ability to show initiative whilst asking for support where appropriate.