Our client is looking for a Marketing Translation Officer for a current period of 6 months.
– Day-to-day management of the Translation Requests both from the product team, and for marketing communications.
– Defining workflow and best processes to maximize productivity and margins and minimize translation costs
– Inspire team members to deliver an efficient and high- quality service
– Maintain a clear overview at all times of upcoming workloads
– Provide effective leadership for all staff in terms of support, communication and supervision
– Ensure all procedures are completed in compliance with the quality standards
– Give internal team member enough time and clarity to understand and preform their task
– To identify new technology, procedures, workflows that may benefit the Translation Department and implement them, with the guide and consent of the product team.
– Vendor management: recruitment and monitoring of suppliers (Translators) on an ongoing basis to expand pool of suppliers to meet business needs and ensure we are receiving best quality and price
– To discuss and understand each request’s specific requirements and to offer advice if necessary
– To prepare files for translators, ensuring best project preparation, workflow and set up
– To assign translators to specific projects
– To manage multiple translation projects simultaneously, liaising with requesters and suppliers on current and forthcoming projects
– Performs other tasks as assigned.Review high visibility product content and documents
– Supervising and training external vendor translators to ensure the quality of the translation they deliver is as expected
– Maintaining localisation glossaries and style guides, keeping them up to date and audience-appropriate
– Applying translation updates directly if needed
– Collaborating with source content owners to ensure that language requirements from technical and linguistic perspectives are understood and supported
– Performing localization testing to identify linguistic and functional issues
– Help research our competitors and produce reports on a weekly and monthly basis
This role will be an excellent first step into the marketing world, so would suit a Graduate, who is organised and must have excellent attention to detail.