Reporting to the IT Infrastructure Lead, the successful candidate, will be working within a rapidly-changing environment and should possess the capacity to be a significant contributor in crafting and maintaining the companies next generation, on premise Data Centre and Network.
– Assessment and implementation of new technical solutions in line with business and company standards.
– Troubleshooting issues across the entire stack: Hardware, Software, application and network.
– Ensuring the provisioning and availability of IT systems and functions by monitoring and verifying the integrity of all components relating to the delivery of services to the business.
– Provisioning of support and expertise to the Service Desk and other teams within IT and to the business in general.
– Contributing to out-of-hours cover.
– Maintaining documentation to required standard.
– Contributing to projects at both department and corporate level.
Skills & Experience Required:
– Have a proven track record within the IT infrastructure environment with a minimum of three years’ experience in similar roles.
– Strong knowledge and experience of Networking, Switches, LAN, vLAN, WAN, Routing and Firewalls.
– Full understanding of Microsoft Active Directory, Server and PC O/S.
– Good working knowledge of Microsoft Exchange.
– Solid knowledge of virtualisation technologies, both Server and VDI. Including managing and provisioning of the virtual hosting.
– Knowledge of some or all of the following is desirable, but not essential, as training will be provided as required: Kong, Linux, Docker, Kubernetes, Elastic, Red Hat, Ubuntu.
– Excellent troubleshooting skills and ability to correlate system behaviours based on known interdependencies between systems.
– Strong knowledge of SQL clustering and load balancing.
– Strong written and oral communication skills
– Be equally comfortable working within a team to achieve a common goal, or work without day to day supervision, or taking the lead as required