Our client is currently looking for a General Worker to assist their existing team with maintenance and works in public areas. This role will be for a period of 6 months.
– Undertake work in all public areas, and other land/grounds. This will involve carrying out general tasks, including beach cleaning; gardening; road sweeping; refuse collection; the general maintenance, repairs, painting etc.
– Undertaking work in public parks, playing fields, landscaped areas and similar open spaces. Duties will include: general maintenance of these areas (e.g. grass cutting, hedge trimming, clearing leaves and litter); constructional labouring work; erection and dismantling of sports, playground and other equipment; cleaning and assisting higher graded staff. These duties will require the use and operation of the usual range of associated tools and equipment.
– Road sweeping: To undertake, either individually or as a member of a team, duties related to the sweeping, collection and removal of litter, dirt, leaves and weeds etc from roads and footpaths (i.e. street cleaning, litter and dog waste bin collection and seasonal weed spraying). These duties will require the use and operation of the usual range of associated tools and equipment.
– Refuse collection: To undertake as a member of a team, duties concerned with the removal of household, industrial and commercial refuse from a variety of locations.
– Assist in the setting up of public facilities and activities in the Village when, where and as required.
– Any other duties which may be required from time to time as directed by the Works Supervisor or Clerk.
– Participate in staff meetings when requested to do so
– Attend any courses relevant to the needs of the post
– Undertake any tasks requested by the Works Supervisor or Clerk
– Work may be required for, at or in conjunction with other Local Authorities
April – May: Monday to Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm (4pm on a Friday)
June – August: Wednesday to Thursday 8.30am to 4.30pm & Friday to Sunday 8am – 4pm
Skills & Experience Required:
– A clean, full driving license is required.
– Certificates of Competence in Transport or Construction related fields and licenses to drive HGV’s or construction plant are desirable, as are good all round DIY skills or an interest in gardening.
– Applicants shall be required to demonstrate relevant experience in a local authority, government department construction or transport related environment.
Related Jobs (2)
- Receptionist on March 17, 2023 Permanent
- Nursery Practitioners Level 2 & 3 on March 16, 2023 Permanent