The aim of the role is to support a key growth segment of the business, adding value by implementing robust processes and controls, monitoring and controlling financial performance, and providing sound financial advice to ensure the correct courses of action are pursued to facilitate growth.
You will be responsible for day-to-day financial management and administration of the segment to ensure accurate and timely financial information and for managing relationships with both key internal and external stakeholders and shareholders.
You will also be provided with the opportunity to work on other entities and projects as required, to contribute to the overall success of the Group.
– Timely provision of financial statements, monthly management accounts, variance analysis and commentary
– Responsibility for monthly and quarterly close tasks to support monthly management accounts and annual financial statements preparation e.g. customer invoicing and aged debtor analysis and management, reconciliations, inventory management, quarterly VAT returns
– Preparation of other key deliverables required by management e.g. monthly cash flow, board meeting papers, budgets and forecasts
– Preparation and responsibility for year end, including group audit deliverables (as required)
– Management of key stakeholder relationships e.g. key shareholders, banks, etc
– Provision of sound financial guidance to management and key stakeholders to facilitate growth and optimise costs and efficiencies
– Responsibility for ensuring compliance with all relevant laws and regulations
– Other tasks, projects and activities as required
Skills & Experience Required:
– Newly qualified / up to 1-year PQE
– Degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics and / or qualified ACA, ACCA, or equivalent
– Audit background and / or previous experience working in a similar business
– Excellent communication skills
– Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
– An ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
– Attention to detail
– An ability to think and work independently and as part of a team