As the Finance Assistant you will be required to assist the Head of Finance with any reasonable bookkeeping tasks along with reporting as required across the group of companies.
– Inputting source information into accountancy software (Xero or SAGE) from various systems (bank, Just Accounts, BOFF)
– Inputting source documents into accountancy software (Xero or SAGE) – such as invoices, receipts, and expenses
– Assistance with monthly reconciliations across the group companies, including locating anomalies and resolving.
– Assist in the monthly financial reporting for group companies
– Ad-hoc tasks as required by Financial Controller (under instruction and guidance)
– Prepare VAT returns
– Liaise with other departments as required.
Skills & Experience Required:
– Excellent excel skills, to use in reconciliations and reporting including Pivot tables/V LOOKUP
– XERO and SAGE skills
– Attention to detail – accuracy is key
– Ability to follow exact instructions
– Team player and flexibility to assist the running of the team.
– Good problem-solving skills
– 5 GCSEs at grade 4+ (C) or above including Maths and English
– Strong verbal and written communication skills.
– Able to work to deadlines