– You will help qualify the opportunity, positioning the client to win, proving the solution, transitioning the customer, effective communications all around, and self-improvement.
– Work closely with sales representatives to educate existing and prospective customers on how they can incorporate solutions into their architecture and operations to derive business value.
– Manage the technical pre-sales process and promote solutions to customers by participating in conference calls, site visits, presentations, product demonstrations, technical trial evaluations, technical objection handling, proposals, and any needed customer follow up activities.
– Support the bid management process and work closely with Project Delivery Managers to support proposal development, Project Delivery definition, scope and resource estimations
– Define the technical aspects of customer proposals, meeting customer requirements and quality control standards. Work with sales and the business to transition customers from the pre-sales to implementation phase, provide post sale product and service consultation, and capitalize on post sale “value confirmation” opportunities.
– Work closely with Product Management and related subject matter experts to understand and influence product roadmaps, providing valuable input from the field/customer perspective.
– Demonstrate a high standard of leadership by actively developing and mentoring new hires within the Services and Sales organizations. Required travel to supported customer’s when necessary (20% travel).Working closely with the Sales team on customer initiatives, designing solutions and propositions for them
– Direct involvement in product development, including technical, process, training, pricing, regulatory, and new customer propositions
– Maintain technical knowledge through regular training and technical meetings with relevant specialists, and market forums/seminars
– Dealing with customers either by email, telephone or face to face, to ensure prompt and satisfactory resolution of queries that may arise.
– Undertaking investigative work of an ad hoc nature, as a result of Customer queries or complaints, and seeking a resolution to such situations.
– Preparing reports and data as required by the Product Managers
– Develop positive working relationships with staff, suppliers, customers, and the communications commission.
– Input into developing innovative tariff packages for products and services to stimulate customer growth, loyalty and retention.
– Analyse and monitor industry trends and competitor activity to minimise revenue loss to direct and indirect competition.
– Input into the suitability of launching products and services to achieve revenue and sales targets.
– Contribute to P&L objectives by achieving targets for customer growth, revenue and customer satisfaction.
Skills & Experience Required:
– 5+ years of overall experience in IT industry.
– 5+ years of experience in technical pre-sales/sales engineering, consulting, and/or other customer facing role consulting on, delivering technical products or services.
– Quality of Service (QoS) and its relationship to VoIP, Video and collaboration systems
– Firewalls and Enterprise Session Border Controllers (E-SBCs)
– VoIP signalling protocols particularly SIP (Session Initiation Protocol), SDP (Session Description Protocols) and Real-time Protocol (RTP).
– TDM to SIP gateways.
– PBX experience (Mitel ICP 3300 controllers, software releases up to and including MiVoice Business (formally MCD) 7.xx using SIP and or Q.931).
– Unified Communications, and the role of collaboration systems in the workplace, with Microsoft Lync & IP-PBX Integration to it an advantage
– Applications for Compliance Recording, Contact Centre, Remote Worker, Messaging and Collaboration products (Voice and Data integration to relevant devices or solutions).
– Cloud based VoIP telephony services, such as Broadsoft Broadworks, Cisco Call Manager, Avaya etc.
– SIP trunking solutions either detailed knowledge or configuration experience.
– SIP based applications for use on devices or network interconnects.