Our client is seeking a Compliance Technician who will work as part of a Group Compliance Team to achieve the Group’s overarching compliance objectives through the achievement of the Team’s own tactical objectives.
– Designing policies, frameworks and standards of conduct and working with the business’ Senior Management Team to ensure these are translated into operational procedures and effectively implemented within the business.
– Designing and delivering theme-based training and education to the business, as part of an annual training agenda and also on an ad-hoc basis, where training needs arise from time to time.
– Applying due skill and experience in undertaking the compliance monitoring plan, documenting findings, engaging with relevant stakeholders and obtaining management response.
– Building strong stakeholder relationships and representing the 2nd line as subject matter specialist at:
– Ad-hoc technical workshops and focus groups organised by the 1st line, and regular / routine working party sessions established by the 1st line.
– Providing advice, guidance, oversight, and challenge on regulatory and conduct matters.
– Advising and supporting on the implementation of new rules, regulations and legislation.
– Collating data for, and drafting sections of, the compliance reporting packs for monthly Executive Committee and quarterly Risk Committee and Board.
– Collating data for, and assisting in the compilation of, scheduled regulatory submission packs.
– Delivering open, balanced and measured views, perceptions and opinions.
Skills & Experience Required:
– At least 3 years working in a compliance role within an FSA regulated (or equivalent) banking environment.
– Strong working knowledge of the Isle of Man Financial Service Authority Rule Book.
– Strong working knowledge of the banking sector and the concepts and principles relating to this sector.
– Proven track record in the design, development and implementation of efficient and effective 2nd line compliance processes in a financial services business.
– Recognised or working towards compliance qualifications, equivalent to ICA International Advanced Certificate level, or relevant financial services qualification.
– Strong Communication skills at both operational and strategic levels
– Excellent work ethic
– People orientated
– Ability to work collaboratively across all functional areas of the Group
– Problem solving skills
– Strong implementation skills with a focus on results
– Attention to detail
– Flexible attitude