Our client is currently seeking a Compliance Manager and MLRO with in-depth knowledge of Isle of Man financial regulation and compliance. The ideal candidate will have three to five years of experience as an MLRO or Deputy MLRO, an inquisitive nature and the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively.
We are looking for someone who is confident working independently as well as a committed and inclusive team player who will be able to display a compelling interest in developments and best practice in compliance.
Core duties include developing, maintaining, and revising company policies and procedures to ensure legal and regulatory compliance with both local and international money laundering and data protection legislation. Alongside managing day to day operation of compliance, MLRO and DPO function, you will be responsible for preparing and presenting reports to the Board.
– Being the Company designated MLRO and Data Protection Officer.
– Manage interactions with Isle of Man Regulatory and Enforcement Authorities including the Information Commissioners Office, Financial Services Authority and local constabulary.
– Conducting annual risk assessments and incorporating conclusions into current processes and policies.
– Being the ultimate point of escalation for AML and Data Protection questions and responsible for reporting suspicious activity and breaches of data protection legislation.
– Conduct Compliance monitoring of key risk mitigating controls in our risk framework ensuring continuous compliance. Where deficiencies exist they are to be reported to the relevant business areas to ensure gaps are closed.
– Provide trends and typologies to assist the first line of defence manage their transaction monitoring risks.
– Overall responsibility for creating and updating guidelines, policies, instructions, and routines within the field of AML/CTF and Data Protection.
– Constantly driving for our improvement in AML efficiency and risk management.
– Sharing knowledge and educating on ML/TF risks and regulatory requirements and contributing to ongoing competence throughout the company by providing information and training.
– Working with the Board of Directors and Senior Management Team to maintain a clear and comprehensive understanding of the risk profile across all areas.
– Maintaining a positive and transparent relationship with the regulators.
– Advising the Board on the regulatory landscape relating to AML/CFT, regulation and data protection in the cryptocurrency field, including new and emerging developments; whilst exploring opportunities of registering for regulation in other jurisdictions.
– Promote / celebrate success and address discrepancies in behaviour.
Skills & Experience Required:
– A minimum three years’ experience as a Deputy MLRO or MLRO
– ICA Diploma in Anti Money Laundering or equivalent
– Practitioner Certificate in Data Protection (PC.dp) or equivalent
– In depth knowledge of Isle of Man Financial regulatory regulations.
– A pragmatic approach to new and developing technologies including RegTech and digital currencies.
– Knowledge of financial regulations and compliance in other jurisdictions (specifically Europe) would be an advantage but not essential.
– Self-directed, good communicator, and ability to educate and lead the Compliance team.
– A pragmatic mindset with strong attention to detail.
– Excellent communication skills, written and spoken.
– Comfortable working in a fast-changing Fintech world