– Administer a portfolio of client entities and trusts to a high professional standard.
– Co-operate with all members of your team and with the other departments within the organisation with the aim of ensuring that all clients’ requests are dealt with in a timely and professional manner.
– Provide general support and assistance to the Client Portfolio Manager.
– Respond to existing client enquiries and provide quotes for specific work requested as and when required.
– Respond to new client enquiries in the absence of the New Business Assistant or when deemed appropriate to do so.
– Develop and maintain awareness of due diligence requirements and anti-money laundering provisions within the organisation and ensure proper compliance with the same.
– Submit applications to the Companies Registry or request agent to apply for name approval and reserve names, as appropriate, in all jurisdictions.
– Arrange the incorporation of companies in all jurisdictions and the establishment of trusts.
– Attend to structuring of incorporated companies and trusts for designated clients including preparation of all documentation required internally and externally.
– Liaise with the Business Development Team with regard to the ongoing administration of companies and trusts provided to new clients.
– Receive, review and sign off the New Company Checklist following preparation of the transfer documents and to ensure that all ongoing/pending matters are diarised and/or dealt with accordingly.
– Prepare and/or obtain Powers of Attorney, Certificates of Good Standing, Certificates of Incumbency, certified and/or legalised documents, additional resolutions and any other documentation requested by clients.
– Provide company secretary or on a client’s specific request, to attend to the preparation and filing of Annual Returns and the preparation of AGM minutes for relevant jurisdictions.
– Monitor and remind clients of deadlines for the filing of Annual Returns and the payment of taxes in all jurisdictions to ensure that penalties are not unnecessarily incurred by either the company or it’s clients.
– Attend to alterations to company structure including the appointment and resignation of officers, allotment and transfer of shares, issue of share certificates, changes of company names, alteration of share capital and/or Memorandum and Articles of Association. Attending to the preparation and filing of all related documentation and liaising with client, agent and Companies’ Registries as necessary.
– Corresponding with trust protectors to ensure the correct management of trusts, attending to distributions from trust funds and review and consideration of transactions. Consideration of investment opportunities and liaising with
brokers/investment managers to facilitate trades, consideration of beneficiary loan requests and attending to payments.
– Review trust instruments and powers to ensure that breaches of trust do not occur.
– Ensure that bookkeeping records are maintained or annual accounts prepared for both companies and trusts as appropriate under policy.
– Attend to the termination of trusts.
– Open bank accounts as required and, provide directors and signatories, to ensure that the accounts are operated and instructions dealt with efficiently.
– Keep cash sheets on all controlled accounts where appropriate.
– Ensure that all bank account details are entered on ViewPoint.
– Review all contracts and agreements for signature and be able to provide a summary of its content to the signing director(s) or trustee.
– Prepare appropriate minutes or resolutions of the authority of the directors or trustees in respect of the same.
– Open files for correspondence, statutory documents, bank related items and clients as and when necessary.
– Follow the correct procedure and arrange for the proper closure and archiving of files as necessary.
– Arrange company searches in any offshore jurisdiction for existing clients.
– Prepare billing request forms for any special or fixed fees agreed with clients. Alternatively to ensure that the correct amounts of time, fixed fees and disbursements are entered onto the ViewPoint systems for later invoicing by the Internal Accounts Department.
– Prepare credit note requests where an error has been made or new fees have been negotiated with the client.
– Ensure that all records are kept up to date for all clients and companies on both the ViewPoint Administrator and ViewPoint Billing systems.
– Maintain awareness of the organisation’s general systems and procedures on an ongoing basis.
Skills & Experience Required
– Excellent written and oral communication skills
– Ability to work to tight deadlines
– Good knowledge of offshore trust and corporate structures and current offshore environment
– 3-5 years’ experience in the industry
– Good attention to detail
– Good analytical skills
– Good planning, problem solving & organisation skills
– An interest and commitment to on-going professional development and training/ already working towards STEP/CG accreditation
– Excellent discretion, judgment and organisational skills and be able to initiate projects with minimal instigation or oversight.