Our client is currently seeking an Assistant Client Accounting Manager who will support the Manager to build, lead and manage a team of Accountants and Bookkeepers at various levels, manage the workflow of the accounting function and ensure timely delivery of technically accurate financial statements at a profit.
– Ensure all client expectations and accounting deadlines are properly prepared for and managed.
– Prioritise and manage the workflow of the accounting function and also to work proactively with the Trust Administration Teams to ensure queries are cleared and financial statements are finalised in a timely manner.
– Take ownership, prioritise workload and liaise with clients, auditors and other third parties in a professional manner.
– Support the Manager with change initiatives to ensure improved operating efficiencies, optimum headcount and profitability. This will include special project work as and when required.
– Achieve personal targets as set out for their role (this will include targets for time recording and utilisation) and will also take action to ensure agreed business risk targets are met. They will use technical capability to
understand and manage risk, escalating where necessary and required in accordance with policies.
– Ensure the timely delivery of high quality and technically accurate financial statements in line with statutory requirements and generally accepted accounting standards (UK GAAP).
– Responsible for the preparation and review of complex financial statements and will provide ongoing support to colleagues on technical and ad hoc financial queries and initiatives.
– Produce accurate and timely management information and ensure agreed targets and key performance indicators are met (KPI’s).
– Support the Manager to build, lead and manage a team of accountants and bookkeepers at various levels and will provide guidance, development, coaching, mentoring and ensure CPD requirements are adhered to.
Skills & Experience Required:
– Relevant accounting experience within a fiduciary services environment of which at least 5 years should have included people management
– Working knowledge and understanding of relevant statutory requirements
– Demonstrable technical accounting knowledge (UK GAAP/ FRS102)
– Ability to use judgement and initiative in applying standard work practices and solving day to day problems
– Good prioritisation and time management skills.
– Strong team player, self-motivated and focussed on exceeding targets and goals.
– High level of personal and interpersonal skills, building relationships with both clients and colleagues
– Strong written and verbal communication skills.
– Holds a relevant professional accounting qualification (for example ACCA or CA) and a fiduciary qualification in addition to this will be considered beneficial (for example STEP)