The role exists to ensure the governance and control environment for the International Bank remains robust and commensurate with the size and complexity of the business.
The role has a wide-ranging remit, which focusses on ensuring appropriate frameworks are in place for the business to effectively manage outsourced service providers, quality assurance, procurement and contract monitoring, operational controls environment across (front and back office), key reporting requirements, incident/crisis management, and business continuity planning.
The role will also provide oversight and guidance to the day-to-day controls related to policies, regulatory requirements, and industry standards to ensure they are consistent with best practice, are adhered to and assessed appropriately via risk control self-assessment (RCSA) system.
– Coordinate and support the business in oversight and ongoing assessment of third party outsourced service providers
– Facilitate risk and control environment discussions with the bank leadership team
– Partner with business functional leads to guide consistent and rigorous controls management framework and practices, design and implementation of control enhancements
– Ensure risk owners appropriately assess and manage risk, including reporting via our risk management (RCSA) system
– Drive control effectiveness oversight and challenge along with facilitating control remediation programs across the bank
– Act as the conduit between 1st line business owners and 2nd/3rd line oversight teams (Risk, Compliance and Internal Audit), ensuring actions are completed and the control environment remains robust
– Ensure appropriate Quality Assurance frameworks and processes are implemented within relevant business areas
– Manage and facilitate completion of periodic reviews of Terms & Conditions and associated product materials/literature
– Subject matter expert, facilitating and managing the ongoing implementation of FATCA & CRS practices within the business, through to annual submissions to relevant authorities
– 1st line representative in ad-hoc projects from time to time, ensuring appropriate risks and controls are considered prior to implementation (updating registers as appropriate)
– Represent the bank at Bronze level on Incident Management calls, leading where appropriate.
– Facilitate and test BCP crisis planning on a minimum yearly basis, providing guidance on effective and in-effective controls
– Support Bank Directors with managing key regulatory changes, engagement with key stakeholders and production of appropriate sections of Executive Committee and Board reports
Skills & Experience Required:
– 5+ years experience in regulated financial services, with strong knowledge of the banking industry being desirable.
– Knowledge of the banking environment, standards, regulations (including privacy) and mitigation and emerging trends in the industry
– Advanced knowledge of governance, risk and control procedures, strategies and tactics
– Knowledge of the 3 Lines of Defence framework preferred
– Skill in using analytical software tools, data analysis methods and reporting techniques. Strong analytical, problem-solving and research skills.
– Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form
– Ability to evaluate information with the risk lens, consolidate into clear, concise analysis for Business and Executive leaders in support of business decisions
– Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively and build relationships across teams and functions
– Excellent customer service orientation and a professional approach; including ability to interact with all levels across the organization
– Ability to exercise sound judgment in making decisions
– Ability to influence and motivate others
– Ability to analyse, organize and prioritize work while meeting multiple deadlines in fast paced and evolving business and regulatory environment
– Ability to connect and understand end to end business strategies through to operational performance, regulatory compliance, and an effective control environment
- Forward and strategic thinking capabilities to support the business in developing and executing on strategy