Our client is currently seeking an Assistant Manager to join their busy general accountancy practice and corporate service provider based within Douglas. The successful candidate will oversee a small team of up to 5 people and will report directly to a Manager and/or a Partner. It is anticipated that following successful completion of a probation period, the Assistant Manager would be assigned their own portfolio of clients and given external training in management and leadership skills.
– Responsible for overseeing all matters relating to client relationships and engagements that are assigned to them. This will include a variety of assignments from both our general accountancy practice and trust service provider, including ensuring timely preparation of financial statements and overseeing and checking of taxation and VAT returns and assessments. This role involves administration of companies which will vary greatly between clients.
– Required to ensure all Managers and Partners are kept aware and consulted on all pertinent client matters.
– Review work, organise and co-ordinate the assignment of work for junior staff. This will include assisting, supervising and training junior members of the team. Involved in conducting appraisals, training sessions and attending management meetings.
– Responsible for ensuring that their clients adhere to the firms’ compliance procedures and so they can expect to liaise with the Compliance team to ensure appropriate due diligence and know your client forms are held.
Skills & Experience Required
– Newly qualified (or up to 2 years Post Qualification Experience), practice trained, ACCA or ACA.
– An excellent communicator with strong organisational skills who is able to lead and help train more junior members of staff.
– Discretion, diplomacy and a confident approach are a must.
– Looking to broaden experience by covering all aspects of general accountancy and the provision of trust services to high value clients.
– Audit experience is not a necessary requirement.