– Live monitoring and management of the Bank’s balance sheet position in relation to risk appetite and prudential risk, including liquidity, large exposures, risk asset ratio, FX exposure and interest rate risk.
– Be responsible for having suitable processes and controls in place to identify when there is a risk in the near future of shortfalls in liquidity or regulatory positions exceeded, along with processes for the remediating actions to resolve the issue before it arises or escalation processes if the issues cannot be resolved.
– Own/manage banking relationships with counter-party Banks where deposit placements are held. As well as opening new accounts with further counterparties.
– Be responsible for having suitable processes and controls in place to manage the excess fiduciary deposit flows to ensure funds are held in the correct accounts at the right times.
– Be responsible for the management of the capital fiduciary account product in line with the customer T&Cs, as well as ensuring suitable processes and controls in place to manage the capital fiduciary account flows to ensure funds are held in the correct accounts at the right times.
– Own/manage banking relationships with fiduciary counter-party Banks. As well as opening and obtaining further fiduciary deposit banking relationships.
– Regular modelling and analysis of how the Bank’s balance sheet will grow, and what the expected impact is for each prudential risk.
– Devise medium term customer deposit plan to support balance sheet management and prudential requirements of lending, including proposal for the volume/pricing of customer fixed term deposits and the analysis/support to provide submissions to the FSA to seek approval for customer deposit liquidity behavioural adjustments.
– Develop strategic plans for how the Bank’s balance sheet will need to be managed in the future to ensure prudential regulation and risk appetite is adhered to, along with any impact on limitations (or upper limits) to new business volumes.
– While liaising with the finance manager, own/draft the Bank’s balance sheet budget and assist in presenting this to the Bank’s Board.
– Perform economic research in support of the Bank’s strategies.
– Own and update prudential policies on at least an annual basis to ensure they are consistent with regulation, the Bank’s risk appetite and strategy.
– Horizon scanning for potential new prudential regulation, assessing how this will impact the Bank and devise plans to ensure the business is best positioned to deal with it.
– Own prudential risks and work with the Risk Department to ensure these are understood, controlled and effectively monitored and reported on a regular basis.
– Provide training to treasury team and others in the business (where applicable) on prudential regulation and balance sheet management risk and processes/controls.
– Produce monthly reporting to the ALCO in line with policies and further information agreed with the ALCO, including annual counter-party credit risk assessments and quarterly stress testing scenarios.
– Monitoring and processing FX deals held on queues and taking calls for FX deals in excess of £500k and processing in line with procedures.
– Liaising and working with clients to understand their FX and deposit requirements to help support new business growth.
– Be responsible for having suitable processes and controls in place to manage the approval of bespoke client FX margin rates, as well as the monitoring of them against agreed volumes over time.
– Run other Treasury related projects that may occur from time to time.
– Assist and work alongside all other departments within the Group for other ad-hoc tasks as required.
– Maintain cash management policies for the management of excess cash held in each of the companies.
– Manage the monies in the 3 nominee companies to generate a return in line with the policies.
– Monthly reporting on cash positions.
– Own/manage new/existing banking relationships with counter-party Banks where deposit placements are held.
– Rolling/placing FX hedges and swaps for clients.
Skills & Experience Required:
– A relevant professional qualification would be an advantage
– At least 5 years of relevant experience in a regulated bank treasury management role
– Good understanding of Basel III banking rules and IoM FSA prudential regulation.
– Strong analytical mindset and problem-solving skills.
– Excellent knowledge of MS Excel with numerical/logical problem-solving skills
– Excellent understanding of risk to ensure appropriate processes/controls are in place
– Good understanding of foreign exchange and currency forwards/swaps.
– Good leadership and team management skills.
– Good organisational and time management skills.
– Strong communication skills.
– Good attention to detail.