As Agile Project Manager you will choose the most appropriate delivery methodology for each project and execute delivery to an expert standard. This role will see you coaching and guiding your team to perform at their highest level and at a sustainable pace. You’ll remove any impediments to process, facilitate meetings, protect the team from outside influences or distractions and work with stakeholders to make sure that the product backlog is in good shape and ready for the next sprint.
You’ll demonstrate an understanding of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment and increasing transparency internally and externally.
– A strong understanding of the Agile manifesto and its principles
– Experience of changing organisations, team or department mindsets, cultures, and structures through Agile and more traditional methodologies
– Experience of applying empirical process control
– Acting as the process owner for the team, and maintaining relationships with the project’s key stakeholders
– Building trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution or being judged
– Encouraging the team to build relationships to promote internal and external communications, improving transparency and sharing information with all interested parties
– Coaching teams to ensure they understand Agile practices, the scrum framework, and its values, and how to deliver working software to satisfy customers and react to their needs quickly
– You’ll transform your team to become self-organising to reduce management overhead costs and bring it to a high level of Agile maturity
– Proven ability to ensure teams live by the values of Scrum and Agile empowering them to become high performing teams with increased productivity
– Lead project teams comprising of mixed ability and specialists, building capability and energising others
– Establish and manage technology deliverables, across suppliers, ensuring ongoing monitoring and reporting
– Manage senior stakeholders and other internal and external partners.
– Deliver within approved budget and timescales, ensuring ongoing monitoring and reporting
– Maintain and improve risk management and internal controls environment within all areas of influence
– Champion the use of best practice frameworks, policies, tools and standards always
– Identify the impact of solutions on customer and make sure these fully support the customer proposition
– Manage internal and external dependencies within the programme and across workstreams
– Build and maintain strong collaborative working relationships across the team at all levels, Coach and/or Mentor team members in the skills and techniques needed to manage change delivered through a hybrid internal / external supplier model
– Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution or being judged
– Facilitating discussions, decision making and conflict resolution
– Encouraging the team to build relationships to promote internal and external communications, improving transparency and sharing information with all interested parties.
Skills & Experience Required
– Knowledge of Agile Change Frameworks (DSDM / Scrum)
– Hold an Agile Project Management Qualification
– Experience in an Agile change management role
– Organised with good time management and capable to adapt in a busy working environment
– Experience in budget management to include recording and tracking expenses
– Able to communicate in various styles for maximum impact and accuracy
– A team player who can work across various different cultures
– Competent in Microsoft applications, including Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
– Competent using project management tooling such as JIRA, PlanView, Confluence
– Competent using project planning tools such as MS Project