To carry out day to day functions on behalf of various Departments, primarily to carry out debt collection in accordance with Treasury Financial Regulations and Departmental policy, to raise debtor invoices and monitor receipts. Provide support for other areas of the company as and when required.
– Monitoring outstanding debts
– Run daily debtor reports for Departments and update Departmental Debtors Worksheets to identify outstanding debts;
– Notify Departments of any credit balances sitting on Customer accounts to ascertain if a correction or refund is due, or an additional invoice is required.
– Check with the Sales Team to ensure all unmatched receipts in the Sales Ledger on AX are matched with the appropriate invoices;
– Issue debtor statements to all debtors that have gone over standard 30 day invoice terms;
– Issue 14 and 7 day reminder letters where appropriate;
– Actively chase unpaid debts via the telephone and establish a high level of communication between the team and debtors, as well as maintaining communication.
– Refer installment payment requests back to the instructing Departments for approval and set up once approval has been given;
– Prepare files for referral to legal advisors for further action;
– Prepare papers for presentation through the Small Claims Court procedure as appropriate.
– Prepare homes receipts and Payments to residents in care, inclusive of money order.
– Responding to telephone queries and written requests relating to matters concerning debtors, as appropriate;
– Ensuring the integrity and confidentiality of information held within the Division, including control of access to computer and paper records, and ensuring that stored information can be readily retrieved.
– Dealing with counter enquiries and post opening on a cover/rotational basis.
– Providing cover as and when required during the absence of other team members.
– The post holder may also be expected, from time to time.
Skills & Experience Required:
– Must have previous experience within a financial administration role
– Be flexible & adaptable
– Be able to work quickly and accurately to meet deadlines
– Be proficient with the use of Microsoft office